Sometimes you will need to cancel an EOE claim due to RAP recoupment (prior to 2021) or OASIS/POC billing errors. These are steps to cancel an EOE, where claim has denied and changes are needed to rebill the EOE with the corrections. Note: If you had to cancel the claim electronically (in DDE), you may want to wait for Medicare to finish processing the cancel before you complete the following steps.
1. Select the Billing tab from the Main Menu.
2. Select the PPS Billing tab at the top left of the screen.
3. Select Edit PPS Episodes.
4. At the search field in the top left, enter the patient chart number.
5. Select the episode you wish to cancel in the upper part of the screen.
6. Click the Cancel this EOE Claim button near the middle of the screen. A pop up will appear "Are you sure you want to cancel this EOE Claim?" Click Yes. This will cancel the EOE claim so that it regenerates for billing. Make any needed changes in the chart, then rebill the EOE.
Note: If you need to Cancel A Batch of Claims, you can click on the hyperlink to access those instructions.