If you need to cancel a RAP/NOA, due to wrong information being submitted on the RAP/NOA, such as the wrong episode start date, please follow the directions below.
(Prior to 2021: If the reason for cancelling the RAP is because Medicare has autocancelled RAP payment, due to untimely filing of the EOE. Once you get an ERA indicating a RAP Takeback (328), follow the steps (below) to cancel the RAP in Barnestorm to be able to recreate the RAP and resubmit to Medicare.)
1. From Barnestorm Office main screen, pull up the patient.
2. Click the Billing tab.
3. Click the PPS Billing tab.
4. Click Edit PPS Episodes.
5. Select the (RAP/NOA) episode you wish to cancel in the upper part of the screen.
6. Click the Cancel this RAP Claim tab near the middle of the screen. A pop up will appear "Are you sure you want to cancel this RAP claim?" Select Yes, if appropriate.
7. Go to Billing>PPS Billing>RAP Claims, the episode should now be included in the list of ready RAPs to be rebilled. If it's an older claim, you may need to modify the "Episode From and Thru dates" located under the "Select Episodes For Billing" column of that screen.
Note: If you need to Cancel A Batch of Claims, you can click the hyperlink for those instructions.